Delivering Your Pallet Nationwide!
All of our bulk bag and small handy bag deliveries outside of our ‘Local Delivery Zone’ are delivered on a standard (non-returnable) timber pallet using leading National Palletised Distribution specialists.
Offering a 3 Day and Next Day delivery service, Nationwide pallet deliveries are generally made on an 18 tonne pallet delivery vehicle with tail lift offload. However, when a delivery address has restricted access, many of the Nationwide delivery hubs can offer a smaller 7.5 tonne pallet delivery vehicle with tail lift offload. Customers requiring delivery on a smaller 7.5 tonne pallet delivery vehicle, can request this in the notes at the Checkout stage.
To enable prompt and efficient delivery of your order, it is important that our customers understand the size of the pallet delivery vehicles we will be delivering to you on, as customer are responsible for failed delivery costs, please refer to our Terms & Conditions of Sale. Please see below the sizes and dimensions of our Nationwide delivery vehicles below. All retail deliveries will be made on an 18 tonne pallet delivery vehicle with tail lift offload unless a smaller 7.5 tonne vehicle has been requested prior to delivery.
In order to give you a better understanding of the size of the delivery vehicles and the access required, as a general rule, if a normal size refuge truck (bin lorry) collects from the delivery address, then our 18 tonne pallet delivery truck should be able to access the delivery address safely.
Please see below important delivery points to consider prior to placing your order, we also recommend that you watch the short delivery video below showing exactly how your pallet(s) will be delivered. Should you have any concerns or queries having read and watched the video, please do not hesitate to contact ourselves directly on 01306 877540, when we will be happy to help and advise you.
To ensure that your delivery experience meets the highest standards, please read the important delivery points below and view our short delivery video:
• Access to the delivery site must be on hard roads over which a delivery vehicle can pass without sustaining or causing damage of any kind. Access must avoid low bridges, weight restrictions, low overhead wires and overhanging trees.
• Please advise us of any parking restrictions outside the delivery address, such as yellow lines.
• Pallet deliveries are guaranteed to KERBSIDE only, to facilitate safe tail lift and pump truck operation, we can only deliver onto flat solid ground.
• We cannot deliver over kerbs or loose or uneven ground i.e. not gravel, shingle, cobbles or grass.
• When a driveway or delivery area is relatively flat and smooth, our palletised distribution specialists will endeavour to drop the pallet onto your driveway or alternative flat smooth area close to the delivery vehicle.
• Delivery drivers cannot deliver materials up inclines, along small paths or to rear gardens.
• All pallets are NON-RETURNABLE, it is the customers responsibility to dispose of the pallet(s), which make great firewood.
• When a 7.5 tonne vehicle is required, please note the maximum weight these vehicles can carry is approximately two tonnes. If you require multiple pallets delivering, these may need to be spread over separate delivery dates. Also some 7.5 tonne vehicles have weaker tail lifts, which are not suitable for full pallets of small bags and may require the customer to manually remove a layer of bags to enable delivery. It is recommended with small bag orders on small truck deliveries to order a maximum of 30 bags per pallet to avoid this.
• Please make sure that you provide your contact details i.e. email and telephone number, when placing your order should we or our delivery drivers need to contact you.
• Please ensure that someone is available to inspect and sign for the goods upon delivery, if this is not possible for any reason, the delivery driver will sign for the goods on behalf of the customer.
See our Truck Sizes specifications here
BHL Truck Sizes