Local Bag Deliveries
We aim to deliver all local bag deliveries in the fastest time possible in line with customer's delivery instructions. Bag orders within our ‘Local Delivery Zone’ (see local zone delivery map below) are normally delivered within 3 working days from the date of order, unless an earlier delivery date has been agreed at the time of ordering.
Orders will be processed, dispatched, and delivered during the company's normal operating hours, which are Monday to Friday 08.00 – 17.00 hours, although occasionally we are able to offer a Saturday morning delivery in special circumstances. Deliveries are generally made between 8am and 4pm on the day of delivery but traffic and other unforeseen factors can extend these times.
Local Deliveries are usually made on our own fleet of FORS Silver specialist delivery vehicles which have oversized cranes, allowing the bag(s) to be safely unloaded regardless of the delivery logistics. Our specialist transport options include six-wheel rigid vehicles which carry up to 16 bulk bags and purpose built eight-wheel rigid bulkers which carry up to 25 bulk bags.
Where delivery access is restricted and when the delivery postcode lies within our ‘Small Truck Delivery Zone’ (see small truck delivery zone map below), we offer a small truck delivery service for bagged products which you will have the option to select at the Checkout stage. Please note, this delivery option costs an additional £10 plus VAT per bulk bag (£12.00) to cover the additional delivery costs associated with this means of delivery. You can view the delivery postcodes covered by our small truck delivery service by viewing the ‘small truck delivery zone’ map below. Our small trucks also have crane offload to enable bags to be delivered as close as possible to the customer's chosen delivery point.
When placing your order, it is important that you include both your mobile telephone number as well as your email address (if you have one), as this will allow you to receive delivery information directly. As a general rule, you will receive an email advising you of the delivery day; delivery drivers will then aim to contact you an hour before delivery to inform you of their arrival, so a valid telephone number or email address is essential.
If you have any queries or require any help or advice regarding your delivery, please contact us on 01306 877540.
LOCAL BAG DELIVERIES – DELIVERY METHOD T&C’S
• Access to the delivery premises must be on hard roads over which the delivery vehicle can pass without sustaining or causing damage of any kind. Access must also avoid low bridges and low overhead wires and trees. (Please refer to delivery truck dimensions on the ‘Transport Methods’ page).
• When access to the delivery premises is restricted and our standard delivery vehicles are simply too large, customers will have the option to select a ‘small truck delivery’ provided that the delivery postcode falls within the small truck delivery area (please refer to the small truck delivery map below).
• All deliveries are guaranteed to the KERBSIDE outside the delivery premises. When a customer requests that the delivery is to be within the perimeter of the delivery premises, it is the customer’s responsibility to ensure that there is adequate and safe vehicular access for the delivery vehicle to enter the premises. Furthermore, whilst the delivery driver will take all the necessary care and precautions to avoid causing damage whilst on the delivery premises, the customer accepts full responsibility for any damaged that might be caused as a direct result of the customer inviting the delivery vehicle onto the delivery premises to enable delivery to the customer's chosen delivery point.
• It is further agreed and understood that, at all times, it will be the delivery driver's decision as to the adequacy of the access and the delivery driver’s decision is final.
• In the event of inadequate access onto the delivery premises, delivery will be made to the kerbside outside the delivery address and the customer accepts that the bag(s) will be left at the closest point to the delivery address as possible.
• Orders cannot be cancelled without incurring costs once goods have been dispatched. Please call us should you require further information.