Extensive Substrate BH-EX1Pricing options will be displayed when a postcode has been entered above
Extensive Substrate BH-EX1
• Extensive Green Roofs
• Sedum Green Roofs
• Wildflower Green Roofs (subject to species)
• Bio-Diverse Greens Roofs
• Living Roofs and Eco Green Roofs
• Tested for compliance with BS8616:2019
Our Extensive Substrate BH-EX1 is a growing media designed for low maintenance extensive green roofs. Extensive green roofs are generally planted with hardy plants that can tolerate low nutrient levels and little or no watering e.g. sedums, mosses, grasses and some wildflower species.
Extensive green roofs are not generally designed as leisure spaces but for improving the aesthetics of our landscape and for providing vital habitat for insects, invertebrates, birds and the plants that we need to improve our environmental conditions.
This Extensive Green Roof Substrate has been tested against BS8616:2019, which is the British Standard for Green Roof Substrates. Please follow the green accreditation link below for the full scientific report, which includes the lab results, plus notes and a conclusion from a trusted and respected soil scientist.
Benefits of Extensive, Sedum, Wildflower and Bio Diverse Green Roof spaces:
• Increasing habitat for wildlife
• Inception of rain water providing much needed relief for our drainage infrastructure
• Storage of rain water, which can be used as grey water for requirements such as toilet flushing
• Increasing the lifespan of your roof by protecting it from the elements
• Improving the thermal performance of buildings (protection from heat, insulation from cold)
• Providing a more aesthetically pleasing landscape for those living and working in high-rise buildings
• Improved air quality as vegetation traps dust particles
• Plants remove un-wanted carbon dioxide from the atmosphere during photosynthesis
• Cooling urban areas through evaporation of water from plants and the soils absorbing heat
Our Extensive Substrate BH-EX1 is tested by the STRI Group and the resulting data is reviewed and commented on by the UK’s leading Soil Science and Landscape Engineering Consultancy, Tim O’Hare Associates
• Scientifically verified
• Predicted density of saturated substrate total porosity: 1m3 = 1.27 tonnes approx.
• Saturated Hydraulic Conductivity: 14.8mm/minute (888mm/hour)
• Organic Matter: 9.2%
• pH 7.1
• Peat Free
• Contaminate Free
• Supplied in crane certified bags (6:1 Multi Trip/Multi-Use)
Availability: Bulk Bags (Loose and Small Bags by arrangement)