Ericaceous 'Elevated pH' TopsoilPricing options will be displayed when a postcode has been entered above
Ericaceous ‘Elevated pH’ Topsoil
• Acid Loving Plants and Shrubs
• Ericaceous Fruit & Vegetables
• Raised Beds & Planters
• Lowing the pH in Planting Borders
• Ericaceous Trees & Shrubs
• Mulching Ericaceous Beds & Borders
• Filling Pots & Containers
• Prestigious Acidic Landscape Applications
Our NEW Natural Ericaceous ‘Elevated pH’ topsoil has been blended especially for acid loving plants which require a slightly higher pH of around 6.0. Whilst our Natural Ericaceous BS topsoil fully meets the British Standard for Ericaceous with pH levels between 4.5 and 5.5, we have increasingly been asked by our customers for an Ericaceous soil that has a slightly increased pH around 6.0 to meet a wider range of planting applications to include plants, shrubs and trees as well as vegetables.
Blended from 100% natural materials, our Natural Ericaceous ‘Elevated pH’ topsoil has been blended using natural acidic sands, composts and bark fines, which are all naturally Ericaceous. As such our Bury Hill Natural Ericaceous ‘Elevated pH’ topsoil has a typical pH of around 6.0, it is 100% natural, and unlike most commercial Ericaceous soils, it does not include any nasty chemicals which are commonly used to temporarily reduce the pH level.
High in organic matter, nutrients and minerals, thus assisting in the promotion of microbial activity and encouraging strong healthy roots and plant growth, our Natural Ericaceous ‘Elevated pH’ topsoil is an extremely fertile, natural Ericaceous soil blended using 100% natural materials, as such it is not unusual for a small amount of native, non-invasive weeds to show when first used. Due to its high organic content, this material is not suitable for turfing or seeding.
Tested by the UK’s leading soil scientist to BS3882:2015 for Ericaceous topsoil, our Natural Ericaceous ‘Elevated pH’ fully conforms to the British Standard for Ericaceous soils with the exception of the pH, which is typically around 6.0, whilst the British Standard requires a pH of under 5.5. Should you require an Ericaceous soil that fully meets the British Standard criteria i.e. below 5.5, then please refer to our Natural Ericaceous BS soil.
• Fully meets BS3882:2015 (The British Standard for Ericaceous topsoil) with the exception of the elevated ph.
• Fully conforms to the Guidance in NHBC Standards Plus 2021.
BS 3882:2015 is the British Standard Specification for “Topsoil and Requirements for Use” in the UK.
What is Manufactured Topsoil
• Scientifically verified
• 100% Natural
• High Organic Matter
• Natural Low pH typically around 6.0
• Full of available nutrients & minerals
• Fully compliant to industry standards and beyond with the exception of the pH
• Contaminate free
• Screened to 10mm
• Moderate drainage
• Good water retention
• Easy to use
• No additional compost required
• Non manure based
• Aminopyralid free
• Suitable for immediate planting