Lightweight Intensive SubsoilPricing options will be displayed when a postcode has been entered above
Lightweight Intensive Subsoil
• All Roof Garden & Balcony Planting Applications where a Lightweight Intensive Media is required
• Podium Use and all Green Roof Options
Bury Hill Lightweight Intensive Roof Garden Subsoil is a version of our Lightweight Roofing Soil which is recommended for use when specified in larger roof garden planting schemes where a subsoil layer is required.
Bury Hill Lightweight Intensive Roofing Subsoil is a combination of clean 10mm screened premium sandy subsoil which has been blended with 4-10mm LECA, a Lightweight Expanded Clay Aggregate. The combination of these products reduces the bulk density of the subsoil whilst also increasing drainage. The resultant premium lightweight Intensive Subsoil medium is very similar in nutrient value and performance to that of a natural subsoil and this product is regarded as an essential material for larger Roof Gardens, Balcony Planters and Podiums and all lightweight planting applications where the point loadings need to be significantly reduced.
• All our Lightweight Intensive Soils are tested by Tim O’Hare Associates, the UK’s leading soil scientist, to their own specification, which far exceeds the requirements of the British Standard.
Lightweight Intensive Subsoil Accreditation
• Scientifically verified
• Bulk Density (At Field Capacity) 1.7 g/cm3
• Bulk Density (At Saturation) 1.7 g/cm3
• Balanced Alkaline pH
• Fully compliant to industry standards and beyond
• Screened to 10mm
• Free draining
• Peat Free