Lightweight Intensive Planting SoilPricing options will be displayed when a postcode has been entered above
Lightweight Intensive Planting Soil
• All Roof Garden & Balcony Planting Applications where a Lightweight Intensive Media is required
• Podium Use and all Green Roof Options
Bury Hill Lightweight Intensive Roof Garden Planting Soil is a blend of clean 10mm screened premium sandy loam blended with 4-10mm LECA, a Lightweight Expanded Clay Aggregate, which when combined with soil reduces the overall bulk density whilst increasing drainage. This process produces a premium lightweight planting medium that is very similar in nutrient value and performance to that of a natural soil and it is now regarded as an essential material for Roof Gardens, Balcony planters and Podiums and all lightweight planting applications where point loadings need to be significantly reduced.
• All our Lightweight Intensive Soils are tested by Tim O’Hare Associates, the UK’s leading soil scientist, to their own specification, which far exceeds the requirements of the British Standard.
Lightweight Intensive Planting Soil Accreditation
• Scientifically verified
• Bulk Density (At Field Capacity) 1.13 Mg/m3
• Bulk Density (At Saturation) 1.28 Mg/m3
• Balanced pH 7.0 to 8.0
• Fully compliant to industry standards and beyond
• Screened to 10mm
• Free draining
• Peat Free